Hillside Service Solutions
Hillside Service Solutions is looking for a full time (40 hours/week) Cook. Candidates should be available Monday-Friday 6:30AM-4PM.
Under the general supervision of the Kitchen Supervisor, the Cook is responsible for the production of all food served within their assigned sites. The cook ensures that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels are adhered to regarding preparation, quality, and cost control. This individual assists, as needed, with inventory control, catering, and café duties. This position is responsible for preparing all foods using standardized recipes, interacts with staff in a friendly professional manner, follows job flow, attends in-services and meetings as requested and completes special cleaning assignments. The Cook also works as a leader within the kitchen, and delegates tasks when assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works within our system to prepare food that is of the highest quality and safety measures following all Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point standards.
- Works hand-in-hand with other kitchen staff, mentoring them in proper preparation techniques.
- Completes cleaning and sanitizing tasks in a timely manner. Practices "clean as you go" technique. Labels and dates all products, fills out appropriate logs daily.
- Uses inventory wisely and keeps management informed of quality issues as they arise.
- Follows all department and HSS policies and procedures.
High School or GED and 1-3 years of experience are required; Associates degree with 3-5 years of experience in in large-scale food production is preferred. Candidates must have a valid NYS driver's license and must meet agency driving and insurance standards.
If interested, contact firstname.lastname@example.org